Do I need a travel insurance?

Modified on Wed, 31 May 2023 at 10:52 AM

While the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) provides valuable medical coverage when traveling within the European Union (EU) and other associated countries, it is important to note that it is not a substitute for travel insurance. 

You are recommended to still get travel insurance that includes medical and repatriation cover. Travel insurances often also cover theft, loss, and failure of a travel company.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article